Hey, mariteaux here, thanks for visiting
mari, Cammy, whatever you know me by—this site's a shrine to all the creative stuff I get up to. Nowadays, that's mostly writing, but music and level design get mixed in there too. I also happen to be the head of Somnolescent, the collective that lets all this happen.
Stick around, there's stuff getting added all the time. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're so inclined, love getting mail~
- 2019/11/07—As the weather gets colder, I get more in the mood to write City misery. Been having a small idea for a spinoff story involving some new lads, and after some turbulence, I've got the first chapter written. It's about a mongoose bartender realizing how alone he actually is and how much he hates the hipsters he serves. I'm writing more from the hip here, so this is as much an experiment as anything else. (Wait until it's done to archive it, Jimmy, thx)
- 2019/10/31—Just in time for the day itself, I have two new stories featuring Apricot Bay's favorite cryptid, Gonzo, "To Exhaustion" and "Classifieds". One features a pretty feral Gonzo, the other...slightly less so. Trying to get back my footing a little with writing, and it's happening. Slowly, but it's there. Good things soon.
- 2019/10/29—I was feeling nostalgic, so I wrote two new album reviews. My site's had an archive of its old Neocities form ever since my Neocities got banned, but I just don't make it public. This is the only time I'll ever acknowledge its presence publicly, maybe, until I wanna write more reviews probably. It's also mobile-friendly and AutoSite-built now. Gimme a day and I'll have something Halloweeny.
- 2019/10/24—Hi, it's been slow goings lately. I'll have something up sooner or later. The important thing at the moment is that we're back on AutoSite, bitches. I took the time to translate everything back into the In pages and Includes and all that good shit, especially since we're getting close to AutoSite XL going gold and I wanna help squash bugs. What a useful thing. Highly recommended. Aside from that, just some minor cleanup and switching to WOFF2 fonts for a quicker load. Shiny.
- 2019/10/08—This really has been the year of revisiting my past, hasn't it? My first ever web project, my long-neglected Silversun Pickups fansite Misery Inspires, is finally online. Caby's been encouraging me to poke at it pretty much since we've known each other, and I finally stripped back my ambitions for it and reorganized it all and got it looking pretty fantastic, in my opinion. Works great on mobile too. Do you like indie rock? 90s rock? Fuzzy moody rock? You'll like them, have a peek.