Hey, mariteaux here, thanks for visiting
mari, Cammy, whatever you know me by—this site's a shrine to all the creative stuff I get up to. Nowadays, that's mostly writing, but music and level design get mixed in there too. I also happen to be the head of Somnolescent, the collective that lets all this happen.
Stick around, there's stuff getting added all the time. Drop me a line at email@example.com if you're so inclined, love getting mail~
- 2019/10/08—This really has been the year of revisiting my past, hasn't it? My first ever web project, my long-neglected Silversun Pickups fansite Misery Inspires, is finally online. Caby's been encouraging me to poke at it pretty much since we've known each other, and I finally stripped back my ambitions for it and reorganized it all and got it looking pretty fantastic, in my opinion. Works great on mobile too. Do you like indie rock? 90s rock? Fuzzy moody rock? You'll like them, have a peek.
- 2019/09/16—Heya. Been playing vidya and healing up after having my wisdom teeth out. Bit.Trip Fate is fun, and shoutout to Flashpoint for letting me relive my Miniclip-addled childhood. I did work on a small thing though, some fixes on that curious Guitar Hero II chart that didn't quite make it out of the demo intact and you can download it if you're into that.
- 2019/09/09—After three months of scrambling to write, Colton's Adventure is officially done. It's a full CYOA game with two new stories from me to terminate the two paths you can take, and it stars my raccoon lad Colton in his first solo outing. It's got some flavors of quests and MUDs in there too, I suppose, and it's 13,000+ words, the longest bit of writing I've ever posted in one go. That's about the word count of what I've got on the entirety of my toyhou.se. If you just wanna read the stories, they're called Orchard Peak and Sebastian vs. the Guardian, but they make more sense in context. So concludes Pennyverse month, belatedly. Nap time.
- 2019/09/02—Two more Somnolian updates: borb redid her site in preparation for adding a bunch of new, honest to God content. She's got no prior sitebuilding experience, but she's really close to getting the hang of it, so good stuff. Also, dcb's back on the AutoSite thing with a proper desktop GUI version. It's looking slick and it supports Windows 98. Try it. I promise I'll have my own update in a day or three, I'm so sick of this thing.
- 2019/08/28—Ey, mon's got his site up finally. I actually really like the mumblecore thing he's got going on, very clean, and the markup's not bad either given that it's his first proper, hand-built site. Go check him out while I grind some more. (Also, thanks to a lack of better judgement, I put the forest spirit Cammy up top. I think he's adorable, but I'm now also convinced I look like a poofy faggot, which I absolutely am.)